- mobiles for advocacy
- find tactics
- Coordinating & mobilising
- People's media
- Fundraising & resource mobilisation
- Outreach & participation
- look at tools
- how tos
- Case studies
- working with mobiles
What's in the toolkit?
Submitted by amir on Thu, 09/04/2008 - 14:09.
Mobiles in-a-box contains:
- Suggested tactics for using mobile phones to support advocacy
- Case studies
- Tools and services
- How-to guides to get you started with mobile advocacy
Some suggestions for the most useful ways in which you can use mobile phones to support your work. These tactics are grouped in around the following scenarios:
- Outreach and participation Helping people engage more fully in civil society by giving them information, human rights and environmental monitoring using SMS; giving feedback and opinions to decision-makers.
- Fundraising and resource mobilisation Using mobile phones to raise money for your organisation through SMS campaigns and the use of mobile payments.
- People's media Using the multimedia capacity of mobiles to create content and to report using blogs and/or images.
- Coordinating and mobilising Using mobile phones to organise meetings, to put out calls to action and to communicate in emergencies.
Our discussion of each subject includes information on related security issues, about possible pitfalls you should consider in planning your work and about the tools you can use. We also include instructive and inspiring case studies from around the world.
An introduction to a few of the different kinds of tools and services that are available for use in mobile advocacy.
We have also included some How-tos for organisations wishing to get started with mobile telephony projects.
Other introductory guides
The toolkit also contains introductory guides to the following subjects;
- Security shows you how to use mobile technologies safely and securely; how to protect data (your own and that of your organisation) and how to ensure that services provided by your organisation are safe and secure for users.
- What types of tool are available? will show you some of the tools and services that are available for use in mobile phone advocacy.
- Budgeting for mobile advocacy shows you how to budget effectively for a mobile phone advocacy project.
- Resources you will need shows you how to scale your mobile advocacy efforts to the resources your organisation has available.
We've also included links to other resources, tools, services and documentation which are not included in the toolkit.