- mobiles for advocacy
- find tactics
- Coordinating & mobilising
- People's media
- Fundraising & resource mobilisation
- Outreach & participation
- look at tools
- how tos
- Case studies
- working with mobiles
Publish your multimedia content on the internet directly from your mobile phone.
Who's it for: Shozu is designed for individual users but could be used by an organisation wishing to keep their blog updated with dynamic updates from events.
Investment required: The Shozu mobile application is free for download and use and the service provided is free to registered users. Cost incurred from the telecommunications provider will be shouldered by the Shozu user. Please refer to the data communications cost in your country/area. For more information on the cost of using Shozu see the information on the Shozu website. This includes tips on how to reduce the cost of using Shozu such as lowering the image quality of your pictures. Once the software is installed on a phone it is easy to use.
Description: Shozu is a software application which you can install on your phone to allow you to upload videos and photos from your mobile phone to your online sharing sites, blogs (such as your Wordpress blog), email address, and photo sharing sites (such as Flickr).
Unfortunately Shozu is not supported in many countries.
Depending on your phone type, the type of destination and your network, Shozu lets you
- Add descriptions
- Add tags
- View and reply to recent visitor comments on your sharing site that have been transferred to your phone (currently only available for Buzznet and Flickr public images)
- Send or blog videos and photos from your phone.
- Send your photo and video news directly from your phone to the BBC, CNN and Scoopt.
- Add destinations from your phone.
- Securely back-up your contacts to your private ShoZu account.
How it works:
A user must register with Shozu and accept the User Agreement to
be able to download the mobile software and use the service. The user must also/should have an account in one or more of the following services:
- Mobile software is proprietary.
- Service is based on User Agreement. (Please see User Agreement.)
- Operating System/s:
- Mobile phone operating system that can run Java applications.
- Symbian OS
- Windows Mobile OS
- Supports phones that can run Java application and capable of data connection over mobile network (GPRS/EDGE). See supported phones.
- Additional software/services/plug-ins required:
- Requires download and installation of the Shozu mobile application on your supported phone.
- Requires accounts in any of the following web services http://www.shozu.com/portal/tour.do?operation=where
Installation Level: Easy
Usage Level: Easy
Troubleshooting Level: Moderate
Downloads and/or Service Links: Registration Page
Additional Resources: (FAQs, tutorials, documentations, manuals)